"He tried to change the guy's mind," Russell said. Russell's last day is Friday. She said she offered to search her purse for something of value to hand over to the gunman — and slipped her gun into the purse, which she then handed to her husband. The couple explained there was nothing of value in the bag, Russell said, but the man lunged at them and "went around the bed and then opened fire on Chuck.

Chuck de Caro and his wife, former Headline News anchor and CNN correspondent Lynne Russell, were on a road trip and spending the night at an Albuquerque motel when de Caro killed the man during what Russell called an attempted robbery. Receive news and offers from our other brands? These days, Russell is sounding the alarm over what has happened to her old home base: #CNN : You give birth to a child,nurture him,give him all you’ve got.

He covers the Western United States, specializing in crime, courts and homeland security. From the year 1983 to 2001 Lynne Russell has worked as a host in a prime-time network nightly newscast of CNN Headline News. WHY do these pages? "'Is there anything in here we can give him?' Former CNN Headline News anchor Lynne Russell and her husband, former CNN correspondent Chuck De Caro faced off against a robber at an Albuquerque, N.M. motel. In the Fulton County Sheriff�s Department, she has worked as a reserve deputy while she was working at CNN. By Alex Johnson and Andrew Blankstein Two journalists got their hands on a crime story up close and personal this week.

Russell said her husband fired in self-defense. © "He expended the rounds from one small handgun and grabbed for the other even as he had taken fire" and was losing blood quickly. NY 10036. Russell and de Caro — both described as expert shots — were legally carrying concealed handguns, she said. Andrew Blankstein is an investigative reporter for NBC News. The gunman wanted money and other valuables, she said. Ex-Headline News anchor Lynne Russell says her husband fatally shot would-be robber Her husband, an ex-CNN correspondent, has surgery in Albuquerque after being wounded (CNN) A … Chuck said, 'Oh, yes, there is.'". Lynne Russell is an American journalist and author. There was a firefight inside the room.".

"I am really proud of him," Russell said. Broadcasting+Cable is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. In May 2006, she was a newsreader on CBC News world. Officer Fred Duran said no charges were expected to be filed against de Caro. Russell was one of the first anchors hired at CNN Headline News after it launched (as CNN2) in 1982.

She reached down and put into the purse one of two handguns the couple had in a side table. The man pushed her into the motel room just as her husband was coming out of the shower, she said. Visit our corporate site. CNN's Stella Chan contributed to this report.

"Chuck said, 'Oh, yes, there is.'".

New York, NBC Sports Has Final Six Nations Rugby Action October 31, What's On This Weekend in TV Sports (Oct. 30-Nov. 1), Sports, 2020 Election News Are Driving TV Ad Impressions in Q3, House Dems Unsure of Facebook's Commitment to Election Security.

"In the process, I recognized what I had seen before — I was a deputy sheriff for many years — that this guy was used to this," Russell said. He told them to get a briefcase he saw. Albuquerque police said they have yet to question de Caro, who had surgery for his wounds. Lynne Russell Born December 1, 1946 Orange, New Jersey, U.S. Alma materUniversity of Colorado OccupationJournalist, author Years … "I suddenly realized that it wouldn't bother him at all to pull the trigger.". Ex-CNN anchor and her husband involved in gunfight, Police: Bulgarian journalist raped, murdered, Second killer pleads guilty in 1983 cold case, Pastor's faith stronger after daughter's death, Man charged with firing gun at protesters, Ambushed judge returns fire, suspect dead, Deadly clashes after guru convicted of rape, Death of Muslim teen near mosque investigated, Authorities: Teen killed for dating Muslim, Questions linger in Louisiana man's death, Two men charged in homicides of missing men, Former CNNers survive New Mexico motel gunfight, Ex-Headline News anchor Lynne Russell says her husband fatally shot would-be robber, Her husband, an ex-CNN correspondent, has surgery in Albuquerque after being wounded.

ET Wednesday) in the parking lot of a Motel 6 and was pushed into her room.

BroadCasting & Cable Staff The television industry's top news stories, analysis and blogs of the day. The Thomspon hiring has been a sore point with some CNN staffers. Russell, who worked for Headline News (now HLN) from 1983 to 2001, said the couple was heading to California and, after stopping in Albuquerque to have dinner with friends, they decided to get a motel room.

Veteran CNN Headline News anchor Lynne Russell has resigned after 18 years at the cable network, Reuters reports. De Caro was shot once in the leg and twice in the abdomen. Two journalists got their hands on a crime story up close and personal this week. Russell described the man's gun as "a 40-caliber big shiny silver handgun." He pushed her into the room.

I'm always on the lookout for new material, so please email me if you have anything to add!. Ex-CNN anchor Lynne Russell recounts motel gunfight. "'Is there anything in here we can give him?'" "He saved my life.".

Middle Name For Guinevere, Honda Nc750x Dct Top Speed, Problems In My Neighborhood Essay, Alejandro Pozuelo Wife, Prt File Viewer Online, Americor Funding Reddit, Avianca Flight 410, Alshon Jeffery Wife, Softube Saturation Knob Manual, Billy Dean St George Island, Monster G Pitbull, Matt Donovan Dod, Antonia Lofaso Height, Porsche Pts Configurator, Anime Go Apk 2020, Renegade Raider Account Generator, Pine Script Backtesting, Collie Buddz Mother, Le'veon Bell House Nj, Winnie Hollman Age, 8 Figure Salary Jobs, Cavoodle Club Perth, High School Musical 2 Complet, My Mom Keeps Asking Me To Take A Walk Tik Tok, Petrol Station Canopy Structural Design, Shoppy Netflix Accounts, Tacoma Fuel Pump Kill Switch, Idle Theme Park Tycoon Summer Race, Tyler Oakley Landlord, Gothic Horror Verbs, Exemple Autobiographie Courte, Pgp9 5 Pathology Outlines, Delonghi Portable Air Conditioner Costco, Can You Escape The 100 Rooms 5 Level 49, Nsw State Forest App, Grateful Dead N95 Mask, Hoover Fh52000 Parts, Michigan Cold Cases Solved, Craigslist Pets Michigan, " />

what happened to lynne russell cnn

Not to mention the only one who moonlights as a private investigator and bodyguard. Amazon.com: CNN's Lynne Russell is probably the only prime-time anchor with a second-degree black belt, and we're darn certain that she's the only one with multiple tattoos. He is my hero," Russell said. The assailant was unresponsive when officers arrived and died at a hospital, while de Caro was wounded and was being treated at a hospital Wednesday. Russell developed a cult following over the years, authoring How to Win Friends, Kick Ass and Influence People. He really is my hero.". Russell said the man took de Caro's briefcase over to the bed of the motel room and began firing at her husband. Russell said she asked. De Caro was hit three times, but the bullets didn't strike any vital organs, Russell said. She has also a license of a private investigator. "The guy went down, and he was history," Russell said. Veteran CNN Headline News anchor Lynne Russell has resigned after 18 years at the cable network, Reuters reports.Russell cited personal reasons for her imminent departure that are unrelated to CNN's recent hiring of former NYPD Blue Andrea Thompson. Former CNN journalists Chuck de Caro and Lynne Russell. She also works as volunteer deputy sheriff by scre… Future US, Inc. 11 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor, "I thank him over and over for saving my life. De Caro, who worked at CNN in the mid-1980s as special assignments correspondent, was coming out of the bathroom after taking a shower and saw Russell being held at gunpoint. "Chuck fired back, and it was a shootout," she said.

"He tried to change the guy's mind," Russell said. Russell's last day is Friday. She said she offered to search her purse for something of value to hand over to the gunman — and slipped her gun into the purse, which she then handed to her husband. The couple explained there was nothing of value in the bag, Russell said, but the man lunged at them and "went around the bed and then opened fire on Chuck.

Chuck de Caro and his wife, former Headline News anchor and CNN correspondent Lynne Russell, were on a road trip and spending the night at an Albuquerque motel when de Caro killed the man during what Russell called an attempted robbery. Receive news and offers from our other brands? These days, Russell is sounding the alarm over what has happened to her old home base: #CNN : You give birth to a child,nurture him,give him all you’ve got.

He covers the Western United States, specializing in crime, courts and homeland security. From the year 1983 to 2001 Lynne Russell has worked as a host in a prime-time network nightly newscast of CNN Headline News. WHY do these pages? "'Is there anything in here we can give him?' Former CNN Headline News anchor Lynne Russell and her husband, former CNN correspondent Chuck De Caro faced off against a robber at an Albuquerque, N.M. motel. In the Fulton County Sheriff�s Department, she has worked as a reserve deputy while she was working at CNN. By Alex Johnson and Andrew Blankstein Two journalists got their hands on a crime story up close and personal this week.

Russell said her husband fired in self-defense. © "He expended the rounds from one small handgun and grabbed for the other even as he had taken fire" and was losing blood quickly. NY 10036. Russell and de Caro — both described as expert shots — were legally carrying concealed handguns, she said. Andrew Blankstein is an investigative reporter for NBC News. The gunman wanted money and other valuables, she said. Ex-Headline News anchor Lynne Russell says her husband fatally shot would-be robber Her husband, an ex-CNN correspondent, has surgery in Albuquerque after being wounded (CNN) A … Chuck said, 'Oh, yes, there is.'". Lynne Russell is an American journalist and author. There was a firefight inside the room.".

"I am really proud of him," Russell said. Broadcasting+Cable is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. In May 2006, she was a newsreader on CBC News world. Officer Fred Duran said no charges were expected to be filed against de Caro. Russell was one of the first anchors hired at CNN Headline News after it launched (as CNN2) in 1982.

She reached down and put into the purse one of two handguns the couple had in a side table. The man pushed her into the motel room just as her husband was coming out of the shower, she said. Visit our corporate site. CNN's Stella Chan contributed to this report.

"Chuck said, 'Oh, yes, there is.'".

New York, NBC Sports Has Final Six Nations Rugby Action October 31, What's On This Weekend in TV Sports (Oct. 30-Nov. 1), Sports, 2020 Election News Are Driving TV Ad Impressions in Q3, House Dems Unsure of Facebook's Commitment to Election Security.

"In the process, I recognized what I had seen before — I was a deputy sheriff for many years — that this guy was used to this," Russell said. He told them to get a briefcase he saw. Albuquerque police said they have yet to question de Caro, who had surgery for his wounds. Lynne Russell Born December 1, 1946 Orange, New Jersey, U.S. Alma materUniversity of Colorado OccupationJournalist, author Years … "I suddenly realized that it wouldn't bother him at all to pull the trigger.". Ex-CNN anchor and her husband involved in gunfight, Police: Bulgarian journalist raped, murdered, Second killer pleads guilty in 1983 cold case, Pastor's faith stronger after daughter's death, Man charged with firing gun at protesters, Ambushed judge returns fire, suspect dead, Deadly clashes after guru convicted of rape, Death of Muslim teen near mosque investigated, Authorities: Teen killed for dating Muslim, Questions linger in Louisiana man's death, Two men charged in homicides of missing men, Former CNNers survive New Mexico motel gunfight, Ex-Headline News anchor Lynne Russell says her husband fatally shot would-be robber, Her husband, an ex-CNN correspondent, has surgery in Albuquerque after being wounded.

ET Wednesday) in the parking lot of a Motel 6 and was pushed into her room.

BroadCasting & Cable Staff The television industry's top news stories, analysis and blogs of the day. The Thomspon hiring has been a sore point with some CNN staffers. Russell, who worked for Headline News (now HLN) from 1983 to 2001, said the couple was heading to California and, after stopping in Albuquerque to have dinner with friends, they decided to get a motel room.

Veteran CNN Headline News anchor Lynne Russell has resigned after 18 years at the cable network, Reuters reports. De Caro was shot once in the leg and twice in the abdomen. Two journalists got their hands on a crime story up close and personal this week. Russell described the man's gun as "a 40-caliber big shiny silver handgun." He pushed her into the room.

I'm always on the lookout for new material, so please email me if you have anything to add!. Ex-CNN anchor Lynne Russell recounts motel gunfight. "'Is there anything in here we can give him?'" "He saved my life.".

Middle Name For Guinevere, Honda Nc750x Dct Top Speed, Problems In My Neighborhood Essay, Alejandro Pozuelo Wife, Prt File Viewer Online, Americor Funding Reddit, Avianca Flight 410, Alshon Jeffery Wife, Softube Saturation Knob Manual, Billy Dean St George Island, Monster G Pitbull, Matt Donovan Dod, Antonia Lofaso Height, Porsche Pts Configurator, Anime Go Apk 2020, Renegade Raider Account Generator, Pine Script Backtesting, Collie Buddz Mother, Le'veon Bell House Nj, Winnie Hollman Age, 8 Figure Salary Jobs, Cavoodle Club Perth, High School Musical 2 Complet, My Mom Keeps Asking Me To Take A Walk Tik Tok, Petrol Station Canopy Structural Design, Shoppy Netflix Accounts, Tacoma Fuel Pump Kill Switch, Idle Theme Park Tycoon Summer Race, Tyler Oakley Landlord, Gothic Horror Verbs, Exemple Autobiographie Courte, Pgp9 5 Pathology Outlines, Delonghi Portable Air Conditioner Costco, Can You Escape The 100 Rooms 5 Level 49, Nsw State Forest App, Grateful Dead N95 Mask, Hoover Fh52000 Parts, Michigan Cold Cases Solved, Craigslist Pets Michigan,