They don’t want to be implicated by association. Nor is his exhortation to courage and firmness unnecessary; because, when any one begins to rely on God, he must … arm himself for sustaining many assaults from Satan. But David’s experience shows that even if our calamity is the direct result of our sin, we can still run to God for refuge and know that He will receive us! Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Hour by hour I place my days in your hand. My friends are horrified; they cross the street to avoid me. (AL)17 Let me not be put to shame,(AM) Lord,    for I have cried out to you;but let the wicked be put to shame    and be silent(AN) in the realm of the dead.18 Let their lying lips(AO) be silenced,    for with pride and contempt    they speak arrogantly(AP) against the righteous. If you’re already in a crisis and you don’t know God as David did, seek Him like you never have before! 28:13), but He doesn’t necessarily remove the consequences (Gal. All rights reserved worldwide. Then he asks God to be to him a rock of strength, a stronghold to save him (v. 2).

As an old man, the author of Psalm 71 (perhaps David himself), took refuge in God by praying the words of Psalm 31:1-3.

All rights reserved. Don't let me down! We can know that when tragedy hits us, God was not asleep or on vacation.

God-defiers are always in trouble; God-affirmers find themselves loved every time they turn around. Be kind to me, God - I'm in deep, deep trouble again. I say, ‘You are my God.’ My times are in Your hand.” The whole psalm is this repeated fight for faith in God in the midst of this severe trial. You can hear the panic in his voice as he cries out to God to rescue him quickly and pull him out of the net (vv. It’s significant that David’s enemies were still condemning him long after God had forgiven him. But the Bible repeatedly shows that it is often because you follow the Lord that you encounter various trials. Desperate, I throw myself on you: you are my God! Take me seriously this time!Get down on my level and listen,    and please—no procrastination!Your granite cave a hiding place,    your high cliff aerie a place of safety. 23 Love God, all you saints;    God takes care of all who stay close to him,But he pays back in full    those arrogant enough to go it alone.

23 Love the Lord, all you his (AS)saints!

Psalm 31 New King James Version (NKJV) The Lord a Fortress in Adversity To the Chief Musician. There is a third element. of of That’s why the psalms are so helpful. 30 I give you all the credit, God—.

The pressure never let up; all the juices of my life dried up. Often it’s the waiting for God to deliver us that’s the most difficult thing. You also realize that many of your troubles stem from your own sin. Your granite cave a hiding place, your high cliff aerie a place of safety. 3-5 You're my cave to hide in, my cliff to climb. The sovereign, personal God is a rock of refuge for us in stress. Why?

Praise be to the LORD, for he showed me the wonders of his love when I was in a city under siege. Don’t let me down! Note the many attributes of God that David recites throughout the psalm: God is a refuge and shelter (vv. He hears and answers prayer (vv. 6:7-8).

God, you pulled me out of the grave, gave me another chance at life.

31 In You, O Lord, I put my trust; Let me never be ashamed; Deliver me in Your righteousness. Some spiritual life books make it sound as though when you discover the secret of resting in the Lord, you will be perfectly calm in the midst of the worst of trials.
Whatever the exact circumstances, we know that this psalm is not coming to us out of the ivory tower of a poet who was insulated from life’s pressures.

As I said, this leads me to think that the psalm was written in connection with Absalom’s rebellion. The Message Canvas Bible: Coloring and Journaling the Story of God, Spring Palette. (, Compiled & Edited by BibleStudyTools Staff. “God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted [or, ‘tried’] beyond what you are able” (1 Cor. Salem Media Group. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.

Secondly, thus furnished with steady firmness and unfailing strength, we are to stand prepared to sustain every day new conflicts. 1, 19, 20). Take me seriously this time! All you honest hearts, raise the roof! Don’t embarrass me … for those who worship you, Ready and waiting for all who run to you. God isn’t into easy solutions. NIV Reverse Interlinear Bible: English to Hebrew and English to Greek. Don't let me down! His love is the wonder of the world.Trapped by a siege, I panicked. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. Don't let me down!
Dr Hughes Odessa Tx Obituary, Miller Buckfire Wso, Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated Season 3 Episode 1 The Blues, Aesthetic Essay Topics, How To Become A Female Assassin, Antje Traue Married, Plants Vs Zombies Adventures Remake, Are Casey And Izzie Dating In Real Life, Strange Inheritance Movie Theater, Corpus Christi Mugshots, Mattia Binotto Salary, Hoi4 China Banned, Everstart Motorcycle Battery Warranty, Mike Chang Net Worth, How To Write An Apologetic Paper, Sao Fatal Bullet Hood, Atom Balm Deathless Farm, Debby Parker And Bradley Walsh, Waco Netflix Accuracy, Loser/lover Tattoo Meaning, Mopar Crate Engines 440, British Sports Replay Gaming, Play Simcopter Online, The Cribs Members, Herodias And Salome, Last 4 Digits Of Debit Card, Zeze Meaning French, Lowell Mcadam Net Worth, Louriza Tronco Age, 1v1 Commander Banlist 2020, Kevin Lowe Wife, Net Electric Field Calculator, Naziha Mestaoui Cause Of Death, Caroline Smedvig Bio, Gw2 Medium Armor Gallery Sylvari Female, Bill Mitchell Saddle Clot, Roku Contenu Francophone, Fortnite Rip Offs Online, True Beauty Translation, Mexican Money Value, Pixark Engram Points Per Level, Dwarf Hotot Lifespan, Yarn Bee Wholesale, Rainer Becker Net Worth, Pokemon Go Raids Map, Ssis Books Pdf, Going To College While In The Navy, Deandra Buchanan Engaged, Money Can't Buy Everything Money Can't Make You A King, Mary Barra Transformational Leadership, Granado Espada Best Characters, Craigslist Tucson Pets, Red Rising Movie Cast, Nia Malika Henderson Wife, Wa Sunset Frangipani, Meredith Talusan Wikipedia, Was Frank Middlemass Married, Andy Summers Wife, Nombres De Templarios Legendarios, Bok Tower Death, There Are No Guildleves Available At This Time, Tiger Vs Panther, Lexington Corporation Bimini Top, Proper Noun Of Athlete, De Envalde Significado, Antwaun Woods Net Worth, Porsche Universal Charger Manual, Chivos Boer Rojos, Sims 4 Poses, Fatal Motorcycle Accident Colorado June 2020, Software Hub Ntu, Thesis Statement For Failure And Success, Kyra Kennedy Cuomo, Lauren Cosgrove High School, My Hero Academia Vampire, Live A Day As A 90s Fast Food Worker Bored Button, Ackie Monitor Handling, Joshua Radin Wife, Golden Penny Hydrangea, Ford Fusion Volvo Platform, Curl Of A Vector Calculator, Fencing Wireless Scoring Equipment, Types Of Volleyball Serves, Brown Tail Moth Rash Pictures, I Dissent Lesson Plan, Rainer Becker Net Worth, Angela Davis Wife, Voo Vs Vti, " />

psalm 31 the message

God will forgive our sin if we confess and forsake it (Prov.

So recognize that stress is a fact of life, especially for the godly.

Then he plunges again into the depths of despair (vv. He is working all times and epochs, as well as our times, after the counsel of His will, for our ultimate good (Eph. Then, later in the psalm he changes the place of refuge from the rock to the secret place of God’s presence (v. 20). We have stress management classes, as well as many books and articles aimed at helping us reduce stress. They want to blot me from memory, forget me like a corpse in a grave, discard me like a broken dish in the trash.

You won’t drop me,    you’ll never let me down. His love is the wonder of the world.Trapped by a siege, I panicked. It’s as if God had not given us His remedy for stress and other problems. Warm me, your servant, with a smile; save me because you love me. You won't drop me, you'll never let me down. and you put me together. you got me out of that mess, you didn’t let my foes gloat. Whatever will be, will be.” Not so! So must we! Then you’ll be ready for stressful times. My prayer is that the Lord helps us to see that trusting in Him, the living, sovereign, personal God, is the most practical, time-proven way to deal with stress in this world.

Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.

Stress is a fact of life, especially for the godly. I hate all this silly religion, but you, God, I trust. How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you. We are first, then, calmly to commit ourselves to the protection and guardianship of God, and to endeavor to have the experience of his goodness pervading our whole minds. In you, LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. 2, 22). David gains the victory, but then the waves of distress sweep over him and he plunges again into despair. Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture Quotations are from the New American Standard Bible, Updated Edition © The Lockman Foundation, Steve served as the pastor of Flagstaff Christian Fellowship from May, 1992 through his retirement in December, 2018.

He was a man after God’s own heart. 14 But I (AC)trust in you, O Lord;    I say, “You are my God.”15 My (AD)times are in your hand;    (AE)rescue me from the hand of my enemies and from my persecutors!16 (AF)Make your face shine on your servant;    save me in your steadfast love!17 O Lord, (AG)let me not be put to shame,    for I call upon you;let the wicked be put to shame;    let them go (AH)silently to Sheol.18 Let the lying lips be mute,    which (AI)speak (AJ)insolently against the righteous    in pride and contempt. No one can thwart His purpose (Job 42:2).

Let me give you some good advice; I'm looking you in the eye and giving it to you straight: "Don't be ornery like a horse or mule that needs bit and bridle to stay on track.". The key is not to be passive in letting your emotions keep you down. Your granite cave a hiding place, your high cliff aerie a place of safety. But most significantly, the Lord Jesus had meditated on this psalm so often … (C)2 Turn your ear to me,(D)    come quickly to my rescue;(E)be my rock of refuge,(F)    a strong fortress to save me.3 Since you are my rock and my fortress,(G)    for the sake of your name(H) lead and guide me.4 Keep me free from the trap(I) that is set for me,    for you are my refuge. Into your hands I commit my spirit; deliver me, LORD, my faithful God. Be brave. Spend time alone with God and His Word, feeding your soul. But God is not only the Sovereign of the universe, unapproachable in His splendor and might. But look at David’s emotions in the psalm.

They don’t want to be implicated by association. Nor is his exhortation to courage and firmness unnecessary; because, when any one begins to rely on God, he must … arm himself for sustaining many assaults from Satan. But David’s experience shows that even if our calamity is the direct result of our sin, we can still run to God for refuge and know that He will receive us! Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Hour by hour I place my days in your hand. My friends are horrified; they cross the street to avoid me. (AL)17 Let me not be put to shame,(AM) Lord,    for I have cried out to you;but let the wicked be put to shame    and be silent(AN) in the realm of the dead.18 Let their lying lips(AO) be silenced,    for with pride and contempt    they speak arrogantly(AP) against the righteous. If you’re already in a crisis and you don’t know God as David did, seek Him like you never have before! 28:13), but He doesn’t necessarily remove the consequences (Gal. All rights reserved worldwide. Then he asks God to be to him a rock of strength, a stronghold to save him (v. 2).

As an old man, the author of Psalm 71 (perhaps David himself), took refuge in God by praying the words of Psalm 31:1-3.

All rights reserved. Don't let me down! We can know that when tragedy hits us, God was not asleep or on vacation.

God-defiers are always in trouble; God-affirmers find themselves loved every time they turn around. Be kind to me, God - I'm in deep, deep trouble again. I say, ‘You are my God.’ My times are in Your hand.” The whole psalm is this repeated fight for faith in God in the midst of this severe trial. You can hear the panic in his voice as he cries out to God to rescue him quickly and pull him out of the net (vv. It’s significant that David’s enemies were still condemning him long after God had forgiven him. But the Bible repeatedly shows that it is often because you follow the Lord that you encounter various trials. Desperate, I throw myself on you: you are my God! Take me seriously this time!Get down on my level and listen,    and please—no procrastination!Your granite cave a hiding place,    your high cliff aerie a place of safety. 23 Love God, all you saints;    God takes care of all who stay close to him,But he pays back in full    those arrogant enough to go it alone.

23 Love the Lord, all you his (AS)saints!

Psalm 31 New King James Version (NKJV) The Lord a Fortress in Adversity To the Chief Musician. There is a third element. of of That’s why the psalms are so helpful. 30 I give you all the credit, God—.

The pressure never let up; all the juices of my life dried up. Often it’s the waiting for God to deliver us that’s the most difficult thing. You also realize that many of your troubles stem from your own sin. Your granite cave a hiding place, your high cliff aerie a place of safety. 3-5 You're my cave to hide in, my cliff to climb. The sovereign, personal God is a rock of refuge for us in stress. Why?

Praise be to the LORD, for he showed me the wonders of his love when I was in a city under siege. Don’t let me down! Note the many attributes of God that David recites throughout the psalm: God is a refuge and shelter (vv. He hears and answers prayer (vv. 6:7-8).

God, you pulled me out of the grave, gave me another chance at life.

31 In You, O Lord, I put my trust; Let me never be ashamed; Deliver me in Your righteousness. Some spiritual life books make it sound as though when you discover the secret of resting in the Lord, you will be perfectly calm in the midst of the worst of trials.
Whatever the exact circumstances, we know that this psalm is not coming to us out of the ivory tower of a poet who was insulated from life’s pressures.

As I said, this leads me to think that the psalm was written in connection with Absalom’s rebellion. The Message Canvas Bible: Coloring and Journaling the Story of God, Spring Palette. (, Compiled & Edited by BibleStudyTools Staff. “God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted [or, ‘tried’] beyond what you are able” (1 Cor. Salem Media Group. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.

Secondly, thus furnished with steady firmness and unfailing strength, we are to stand prepared to sustain every day new conflicts. 1, 19, 20). Take me seriously this time! All you honest hearts, raise the roof! Don’t embarrass me … for those who worship you, Ready and waiting for all who run to you. God isn’t into easy solutions. NIV Reverse Interlinear Bible: English to Hebrew and English to Greek. Don't let me down! His love is the wonder of the world.Trapped by a siege, I panicked. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. Don't let me down!

Dr Hughes Odessa Tx Obituary, Miller Buckfire Wso, Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated Season 3 Episode 1 The Blues, Aesthetic Essay Topics, How To Become A Female Assassin, Antje Traue Married, Plants Vs Zombies Adventures Remake, Are Casey And Izzie Dating In Real Life, Strange Inheritance Movie Theater, Corpus Christi Mugshots, Mattia Binotto Salary, Hoi4 China Banned, Everstart Motorcycle Battery Warranty, Mike Chang Net Worth, How To Write An Apologetic Paper, Sao Fatal Bullet Hood, Atom Balm Deathless Farm, Debby Parker And Bradley Walsh, Waco Netflix Accuracy, Loser/lover Tattoo Meaning, Mopar Crate Engines 440, British Sports Replay Gaming, Play Simcopter Online, The Cribs Members, Herodias And Salome, Last 4 Digits Of Debit Card, Zeze Meaning French, Lowell Mcadam Net Worth, Louriza Tronco Age, 1v1 Commander Banlist 2020, Kevin Lowe Wife, Net Electric Field Calculator, Naziha Mestaoui Cause Of Death, Caroline Smedvig Bio, Gw2 Medium Armor Gallery Sylvari Female, Bill Mitchell Saddle Clot, Roku Contenu Francophone, Fortnite Rip Offs Online, True Beauty Translation, Mexican Money Value, Pixark Engram Points Per Level, Dwarf Hotot Lifespan, Yarn Bee Wholesale, Rainer Becker Net Worth, Pokemon Go Raids Map, Ssis Books Pdf, Going To College While In The Navy, Deandra Buchanan Engaged, Money Can't Buy Everything Money Can't Make You A King, Mary Barra Transformational Leadership, Granado Espada Best Characters, Craigslist Tucson Pets, Red Rising Movie Cast, Nia Malika Henderson Wife, Wa Sunset Frangipani, Meredith Talusan Wikipedia, Was Frank Middlemass Married, Andy Summers Wife, Nombres De Templarios Legendarios, Bok Tower Death, There Are No Guildleves Available At This Time, Tiger Vs Panther, Lexington Corporation Bimini Top, Proper Noun Of Athlete, De Envalde Significado, Antwaun Woods Net Worth, Porsche Universal Charger Manual, Chivos Boer Rojos, Sims 4 Poses, Fatal Motorcycle Accident Colorado June 2020, Software Hub Ntu, Thesis Statement For Failure And Success, Kyra Kennedy Cuomo, Lauren Cosgrove High School, My Hero Academia Vampire, Live A Day As A 90s Fast Food Worker Bored Button, Ackie Monitor Handling, Joshua Radin Wife, Golden Penny Hydrangea, Ford Fusion Volvo Platform, Curl Of A Vector Calculator, Fencing Wireless Scoring Equipment, Types Of Volleyball Serves, Brown Tail Moth Rash Pictures, I Dissent Lesson Plan, Rainer Becker Net Worth, Angela Davis Wife, Voo Vs Vti,